On 14th October, the Palais de la Bourse in Bordeaux hosted the Best of Bordeaux awards ceremony, which issued awards to wine growing estates and castles for their oenotourism services.
For this eleventh event, 16 estates won awards including the Best of golden medals, the winners of which will compete for the international prize on 7th November in San Francisco, in the following categories:
- Architecture, Parks and Gardens, château de la Dauphine in Fronsac
- Accommodation at the estate, château du Tertre in Arsac
- Insight and innovation, château de Larrivet Haut-Brion in Léognan
- Organisation of oenotourism events, château de Rouillac in Canéjan
- and finally, Promotion of environmental practices, château Larose Trintaudon in Saint-Laurent-Médoc (photo © Anaka).
The judges’ favourite went to the Médoc Wine Inn Tour, an association of three wine growers, two guest house and rural gîte owners and a river tour operator providing trips to discover the Médoc and the Gironde estuary with package or a la carte tours.
>Visit the Great Wine Capitals website at: www.greatwinecapitals.com